ONE METER STAND INSTALLATION
The stand must be level front to back and side to side. It must also be aligned with the centerline. The diving stand must sit solidly on the shims. If you have any doubt as to your ability to install this equipment, visit the Duraflex website to locate a qualified professional installer.
ESTABLISH CENTERLINE FOR EXISTING INSTALLATION
- Mark the center point between the left/right pairs of mounting holes closest to, and farthest from, the pool.
- Snap a chalk line along these marks, extending the line to the edge of the pool. This is the centerline of the stand.
ESTABLISH CENTERLINE FOR NEW INSTALLATION
- Determine the proper location of the stand by referring to architectural drawing if available. The stand location must follow FINA, NCAA or USA Diving dimensions.
- Mark the centerline location on the edge of the pool.
- Unroll the layout template and place it in the approximate position where the stand will be located.
MAIN SUPPORT INSTALLATION AND LEVELING
Shims are shipped with every Duraflex stand. These shims are used to correct for uneven surfaces and to isolate the stand from the deck surface, reducing the possibility of corrosion. Sorting and marking the shims by thickness prior to starting will make it easier to select the proper size shim during the leveling process.
- Place a one-eighth inch shim directly over each mounting hole. Place a long level across the shims in all directions to determine the highest anchor location.
- Using this highest point as a reference, place shims as needed at the other corners, to bring them into level with the reference point.
- Next, reduce the number of shims where possible by replacing multiple thin shims with single thicker ones. For instance, replace two, quarter inch shims with one, half inch shim.
- Place the main support into position on the shims, with the foot wheel on the right when facing the pool. Be careful not to disturb the shims. The stand must sit on all four mounting points with no evident rocking. Add shims as necessary, keeping the main support as level as possible.
- Check for level front to back and side to side, using the tracks as your reference. Adjust shims as required until the stand is level. Make sure there is at least one 1/8” shim at each anchor mounting location so the main support is not in direct contact with the deck surface.
- Align the edges of the shims and center them under each leg. The slots in the shims should point toward the center of the stand.
- Apply a thin film of anti-seize to the first 3 or 4 threads of all mounting bolts. This step is important to prevent seizing.
- Install the mounting bolts with two washers. There are two sizes of washers included. The larger washer goes on the bottom. The bolts should be of sufficient length to allow a minimum of one half inch of thread engagement into the anchor. Finger tighten the mounting bolts. Recheck for level and adjust shims if necessary.
MAIN SUPPORT AND LADDER ALIGNMENT
The main support and ladder MUST be aligned over the centerline to achieve proper alignment of the diving board. A laser lever is preferred for the following procedure. If no laser level is available, a plumb bob and chalk line may also be used.
- Position the laser so the vertical beam lines up with the center line and the leading edge of the hinge plate where the label is affixed.
- Center the ladder by aligning the centerline marked on the label with the vertical beam. If needed, the hinge plate bolts may be loosened to provide additional side to side movement.
- Using a cross pattern, tighten the bolts on the ladder.
- Reposition the laser along the centerline so that the beam is visible on both centerline labels on the fulcrum box.
- Position the main support so that both centerline arrows on the fulcrum box line up with the beam.
- Using a cross pattern, tighten the main support mounting bolts.
- Using the same pattern, torque all mounting bolts to 110 ft. lbs. Verify that the main support and ladder remain level.