Diving Board Refinishing
***Please note that our refinish policy has changed as of 1/23/17. Please make sure to read ALL of the information provided below.***
Replace the slip-resistant surface on your diving board BEFORE a slipping accident occurs.
The length of time before refinishing becomes necessary depends on the amount and kind of traffic, care in handling and storage, and environmental conditions.
If the diving board is slippery, IMMEDIATELY take it out of service and contact Duraflex for refinishing.
Examine your board carefully for gouges and cracks; look closely at the underside ribs in the fulcrum area. If any cracks or gouges are found, call and tell us the approximate location and measurement.
Factory refinishing involves removing all the old paint and corrosion. We then re-inspect the board for cracks, damage, or excessive corrosion, before sending the board through our paint line for a new finish. We then install new rubber channels.
As of January 23rd, 2017, Duraflex International has implemented a new refinish policy. The new policy is as follows:
Duraflex will not refinish any board with the following issues:
- Any cracks in the ribs, surface, slots, or torsion box.
- Excessive corrosion anywhere on the board.
- Structural damage due to improper installations, handling or any other reason.
- Excessive material applied to the board including paint of any kind.
Duraflex will no longer cut 2 inches off the back of boards with excessive corrosion. Cutting 2 inches off the board changes the length and will cause performance differences and may affect FINA tolerances.
Duraflex will no longer refinish boards with excessive droop. Excessive droop happens when a board takes a permanent downward bend largely due to trampolining the board. Because FINA no longer allows a minus dimension in board-to-water height, anything over 1-inch droop will be considered excessive. Exceptions to refinishing boards with excessive droop may be made under the following conditions only:
- A signed agreement is made between Duraflex and the customer stating that the customer realizes the potential for destroying the board in trying to fix the permanent set (droop). This agreement will request Duraflex to proceed, and release Duraflex from any liability in case of board destruction during the process. (Please see attached Refinish Sign-off Sheet.)
- Duraflex will not attempt to correct a board with a permanent set (droop) if there are any cracks, structural damage, or excessive corrosion.
Photos may be required prior to shipping to Duraflex for refinishing.
A copy of this new policy can be downloaded here: New Refinish Policy
|Board Model:||2018 Price||Weight (in cardboard)|
|14’ Duraflex||$1,634.00||140 lbs|
|16’ Duraflex, Maxiflex, Maxi-B||$1,634.00||145 lbs.|
Charges for refinishing and attaching new rubber channels (includes (1) SF122 Board Bolt Kit, (2) 5/8” x 3-1/2” Stainless Steel Board Bolts with Nuts and Washers).
Shipping charges to get t:he board to the factory are paid by you directly to the trucking company. Do not ship to us collect. We will ship it back to you prepaid and add the freight charges to your invoice.
Please see our Shipping Instructions to get the board back to us. ***NOTE: Our Shipping Instructions have changed***
Transit time is about 5-9 business days each way, from and to the east coast. We normally require the board in our factory for approximately 4-6 weeks.
We must have your purchase order and the Sign Off Sheet received at Duraflex prior to shipping your diving board(s). Fax to: or email both to: Grace@duraflexinternational.com. All of the following information is needed before you ship your board(s):
- The address we send our invoice to
- The physical address you want the board returned to
- Your purchase order number
- Name, phone, and fax number of your contact person (who is available during business hours)
- Name and phone number of a representative in accounts payable
- Authorization for us to add return freight charges to our invoice
- Is a 24-hour notice required prior to delivery? If so, please note it on the purchase order, along with a contact name and phone number
- Approximate dates of your diving season